HLTAID011 Provide first aid
Bondi Training Centre, in collaboration with industry experts, offers high-quality HLTAID011 Provide First Aid training
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (replace old unit HLTAID003 Provide first aid) is a unit that provides the skills and knowledge for students to perform a first aid response to casualties. This is an essential basic medical training applicable to all kinds of workplaces and workers, to prepare against certain unforeseen medical circumstances.
This unit entails a range of activities such as identifying and assessing a medical emergency, followed by responding calmly and managing the situation. It also teaches students the legal responsibilities of a first aider. Knowledge of first aid increases the sense of safety and wellbeing in students as well as potentially reduces the risk of irresponsible behaviour and common avoidable incidents.
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate, and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations at community and workplace settings.
- This course requires a level of physical ability to complete practical assessments. If the participant’s health or fitness restricts him or her from performing physical activities associated with this program, they will be able to participate but may not be eligible for a nationally accredited certificate.
- Online Pre-course Learning is part of the course assessment. Statement of attainment won’t be issued if a participant doesn’t complete the online pre-course learning.
- This course combines plain English, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners are able to have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills. language, literacy and numeracy that are essential to performance.
- LLN ((language, literacy and numeracy) skills will be assessed prior to entry to the course.
- If participants need assistance due to the language, literacy or numeracy skills, please contact us to discuss the training needs.
Assessment will confirm knowledge and skills have been achieved to demonstrate competency across the unit. Assessment will be in accordance with the Principles of Assessment and the Rules of Evidence.
Participant are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate knowledge and skills throughout the course. If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the course at the full course fee.
Volume of learning:
- 4 hours of unsupervised pre-course work prior to attending.
- 5.5 hours classroom assessment in form of:
- written theory questions
- case study scenarios
- practical skills demonstration
On successful complete this course, participant will be issued a Statement of Attainment in
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, valid for one year
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support, valid for three years
HLTAID011 Provide first aid, valid for three years
This Unit of Competency is Nationally Recognised Training from Health Training Package.
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2015 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with will give you access to your training records and transcripts can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere is free and easy to create and stays with you for life
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site www.usi.gov.au
Do I need to do the CPR course every year?
You are not legally required to do the CPR course each year. It is recommended, by the Australian Resuscitation Council. By taking the course every year, you will be able to demonstrate your resuscitation skills on a regular basis. Depending on which industry you work in, you may be required to take an annual CPR refresher course in order to comply with industry regulations or licensing requirements.
Is there is an age limit for first aid course?
The age limit is 14 or above unless accompanied by an adult.