TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
Bondi Training Centre is approved by SafeWork NSW to deliver TLILIC003 Forklift course.
TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck (Forklift course) covers the necessary skills required to operate a forklift truck. It covers all essentials for the operation of a powered industrial truck equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms or other attachment, for licensing purposes. It also covers essential topics such as workplace health and safety legislation and operating procedures, hazard identification and risk control measures, and damage and defect reporting.
Participants are taught how they can carry out pre-start operational checks, methods of communication, determining load weight and SWL, shift load, and shutdown and secure forklift truck. It prepares the student with awareness of how to be safe and prepared while operating a forklift truck, creating a secure and reliable environment for industrial work.
This unit is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High-Risk Work and provides applicants with the knowledge and skills required to obtain a High-Risk Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck.
- Workplace Health & Safety Legislation & Operating Procedures
- Hazard Identification, Assess Risks & Control Measures
- Plan Work
- Overhead Hazards
- Pre-start Operational Checks
- Damage & Defect Reporting
- Communication Methods
- Load Data Plate Specifications
- Determining Load Weight & SWL
- Shift Load including Manoeuvring, Loading, Lifting and stacking at Various Stack Heights
- Unplanned and or Unsafe Situations
- Post Operational Checks
- Shutdown & Secure Forklift Truck
- This course combines plain English, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners are able to have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills. language, literacy and numeracy that are essential to performance.
- LLN ((language, literacy and numeracy) skills will be assessed prior to entry to the course.
- If participants need assistance due to the language, literacy or numeracy skills, please contact us to discuss the training needs.
- This course requires a level of physical ability to complete practical assessments. If the participant’s health or fitness restricts him or her from performing physical activities associated with this program, they will be able to participate but may not be eligible for a nationally accredited certificate.
- Participants must be at least 18 years to take this course, hold white card and 100 points I.D. are required on the day of the course. (IMPORTANT: If participant fails to provide 100 points I.D. on the day of course, participant will not be allowed to attend the course, a $100 reschedule will be charged to book another course date).
- Participant must wear appropriate PPE (eg. long pants, long sleeve shirt and closed shoes (preferably work boots), hard cap).
Assessment will confirm knowledge and skills have been achieved to demonstrate competency across the unit. Assessment will be in accordance with the Principles of Assessment and the Rules of Evidence.
Participant are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate knowledge and skills throughout the course. If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the course at the full course fee.
Volume of learning:
Two days training and theory assessment plus one day practical assessment (assess by SafeWork NSW accredited assessor) in form of
- written theory questions
- case study scenarios
- practical skills demonstration
On successful complete two days training and assessment, participant will be issued a Statement of Attainment in for TLILIC003 Licence to operate a forklift truck. Participant must complete his/her practical assessment (assessed by SafeWork NSW accredited assessor) within 90 days from the date of Statement of Attainment issue.
Once successful complete the practical assessment (assess by SafeWork NSW accredited assessor), participant will be issued a SafeWork NSW Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (NSA), which is valid for 60 days. Participant need to lodge the assessment paperwork and Licence to Perform High Risk Work Application form at an Australia Post outlet together with a passport sized photo and with SafeWork license fees to receive HRW license. HRW licences is valid for 5 years, participants will need to refresh the course every 5 years.
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2015 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with will give you access to your training records and transcripts can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere is free and easy to create and stays with you for life
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site www.usi.gov.au
Primary ID (only use one primary document)
Australian Birth Certificate/card (minimum 14 years)
Australian or international passport (current or
Australian Citizenship Certificate
Secondary ID – A combination of secondary documents is allowed to make up 100 points however If using credit/savings cards or statements (up to a maximum of 2), these must be from different financial institutions (NOTE: fiancial institutions must within Australia)
Current Australian state or territory driver’s licence
Current Australian state or territory boat operators photo
Current NSW firearms photo licence
Current Australian issued high risk work licence
Current Australian state/territory proof of age or photo
Australian Police or Dept of Defence card (with photo)
Department Veterans Affairs card
Current Centrelink card
Property (council) rates notice issued in the last three (3) months
Property lease agreement
Home insurance papers
Utility bills issued in the last three (3) months
Current motor vehicle registration
Motor vehicle insurance papers
Telephone account issued in the last three (3) months
Current Medicare card
Credit/Savings cards/Bank statements