Prepare and serve espresso coffee (SITHFAB005)
Professional courses from professionals
Prepare and serve espresso coffee SITHFAB005 course covers the preparation of coffee beverages using extract and serve espresso coffee beverages using commercial espresso machines and grinders.
This unit applies to all hospitality organisations serving espresso coffee beverages, including cafes, restaurants, bars, clubs, function and event venues and espresso machine operators who operate with some level of independence and under limited supervision.
Through this course, participants gain the ability to advise customers on coffee beverages, select and grind coffee beans, prepare and assess espresso coffee beverages and to use, maintain and clean espresso machines and grinders.
This course includes the pre-requisite unit SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
- This course requires a level of physical ability to complete practical assessments. If the participant’s health or fitness restricts him or her from performing physical activities associated with this program, they will be able to participate but may not be eligible for a nationally accredited certificate.
- This course combines plain English, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners are able to have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills. language, literacy and numeracy that are essential to performance. Participants should have language‚ literacy and numeracy skills to an Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level 3, who indicate that they may not have the required LLN skills will be invited to complete an LLN test prior to entry to the course. Participants who do not meet the required LLN skills will be referred to an English language service convenient to them.
- Participants are required to wear closed in, non-slip shoes on the day of training course.
- Organise coffee workstation
- Select and grind coffee beans
- Advise customers and take espresso coffee orders
- Extract and monitor quality of espresso
- Undertake milk texturing process
- Serve espresso coffee beverages
- Clean espresso equipment
Assessment will confirm knowledge and skills have been achieved to demonstrate competency across the unit. Assessment will be in accordance with the Principles of Assessment and the Rules of Evidence.
Participants are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate knowledge and skills throughout the course. If a participant is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the course at the full course fee.
Volume of learning:
6 hours classroom assessment in form of:
- written theory questions
- case study scenarios
- practical skills demonstration
On successful competent the assessments, participant be issued with a Statement of Attainment in
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (Pre-requisite unit for SITHFAB005)
SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2015 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with will give you access to your training records and transcripts can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere is free and easy to create and stays with you for life
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site www.usi.gov.au